Nottoway County is the current owner of the Officer’s Club, situated in Pickett Park, Nottoway’s newest industrial/commercial development community.  The Park was formally a portion of the Fort Pickett military installation until the post was re-aligned as a result of the Base Realignment and Closure Act of 1995.  Pickett Park is located in the eastern half of Nottoway County.  The Officer’s Club is a 21,000+ square foot, circa 1942, building with historic elements. It is an almost single surviving example of a style of military construction incorporated shortly before World War II. 

An extremely significant item is the placement of a mural on the front wall of the main hall, which has recently been restored under a contract with the Department of Historic Resources of the Commonwealth of Virginia.  The mural depicts all of the participants from the fields to the doctors and lawyers who lead us all into just wars for the preservation of freedom. 

The two-story wood frame structure with single story wings will be restored to depict its original structure.  The windows, doors, and trim will be restored, as well as upgrading the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.  Drop ceilings will be removed in many of the rooms to expose the beautiful roof trusses as already exist in the main hall.  The kitchen area will be updated to use when the meeting hall areas are utilized for conferences, banquets, or meeting purposes. Additional restrooms and handicap ramps will be added to upgrade the building to ADA accessibility.  One wing will be renovated to house a computer/training room for classes and long distant learning.  A day-care area will be provided as well as office space and library space for computer and reference material.

Restored tap room